Having leftover Roasted Corn Salsa & Pickled Jicama after making these Fish Tacos, I created this delicious Mexican inspired breakfast to finish up the leftover stuff.
With beans, eggs and cheese, it is a protein packed breakfast that will give you the energy to keep going if you;re having a late lunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons crema (Mexican sour cream)
- 4 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons roasted corn salsa
- a few slices of pickled jicama
- salt, to taste
- oil, for deep frying
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add scallions and jalapeno. Fry for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add spinach and cook for a few minutes, until wilted.
- Add eggs and tomatoes, stirring often to scramble eggs. Once eggs are cooked, turn off heat. Add beans, cilantro and salt. Stir to combine.
- Heat a deep skillet with enough oil for deep frying. Add the tortillas one at a time and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- To assemble tostadas, spread the corn salsa on each fried tortillas. Add a little egg mix on top. Add a few sliced of pickled jicama and then a little crema.
Garnish with cilantro and queso fresco.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53