Saffron Pretzel Rolls for #BreadBakers makes the perfect sandwich roll and are super easy to make with just 1 rise!
This month’s #BreadBakers theme is Pretzels hosted by Stacy. If you grew up in NYC, you know your pretzels. There is nothing like walking around the frigid winter temperatures shopping and then stopping at a hot dog cart for a warm crusty pretzel.
A few years ago, pretzel rolls were introduced and they became all the rage. They started in the gourmet restaurants and slowly started trickling down the economic chain, where now you can even sometimes find them in local deli’s. They are served with soups and salads or they serve as a bun for sandwiches or burgers. Soft and tender inside with that perfect pretzel outer crust. Irresistible!
…that doesn’t mean I still don’t like a more traditional pretzel. Check these out!
My Other Pretzel Recipes
- Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels
- Vyborg Pretzels (these also have saffron – Are you as heady for saffron as I?)
IN THE MAKING
Shape them rounder and you’ll get round rolls with more heights. Shape them a little flatter and they’re perfect for burgers or sandwiches!
With the intoxicating aroma of saffron, keep the sandwiches simple – no spreads necessary. This breakfast sandwich with bacon, cheese and tomato was just over the top with this saffron roll.
With the lower than normal freezing temperatures for weeks on end, this is a perfect weekend project with the kids if you are stuck indoors because no one wants to go out in the below freezing temps! My students love working with dough!
Don’t forget to check out the other Pretzels cooked up by my #BreadBaking friends!
- Authentic German Pretzels from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Ballpark Pretzels from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Beer Pretzels from Passion Kneaded
- Buttery Pretzels from Ambrosia
- Cheddar Garlic Soft Pretzels from Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Jalapeño Stuffed Pretzel Rolls from Herbivore Cucina
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites from Cook’s Hideout
- Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels from Hostess At Heart
- Double Soda Pretzels from Food Lust People Love
- German Pretzel Rolls from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Honey Mustard Snack Pretzels from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pretzel Dogs from Sneha’s Recipe
- Pretzel Sticks from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Saffron Pretzel Rolls from The Schizo Chef
- Soft Whole Wheat Pretzels from What Smells So Good?
- Sourdough Soft Pretzels from Baking Sense
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites from I camp in my kitchen
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.