Mishti Pulao – Bengali Sweet & Savory Pulao is a fabulous rice dish that will compliment any Indian thali.
Today I have another pulao for you. This time we’ve gone over to the central eastern Indian state of West Bengal. This rice which is a bit sweet and a bit spicy is the perfect balance of the two flavors. Bengali’s are fond of whole spices, which is every present in this pulao. Please be sure to not try to eat the whole spices. It might be hard to believe for some, but yes I’ve had to tell people that when I’ve hosted Indian cuisine parties.
This Mishti Pulao was part of this mini thali.
Bengali Mini Thali
- Cholar Dal (a coconut rich yellow split pea dal) – recipe previously posted here
- Chingri Macher Kalia (shrimp and potato in an onion-ginger paste curry)
- Paneer Payasam (milk pudding thickened with paneer and flavored with rose water)
- Alu Chorchori – Panch Phoran Potatoes
Before we get to today’s recipe, let’s take a look at some other Bengali dishes you can try!
- Bengali Thali ( this is a complete meal post that is worth checking out for sure)
- Aloo Posto – Potato Poppy Seed Curry
- Lauki (Bottle Gourd) Curry
- Phulkopir Razala – Cauliflower Yogurt Curry
- Nigella Seed Dal
- Koraishutir Parota – Green Pea Paratha
IN THE MAKING
I loved this rice dish and found it so good I could even eat it on its own with no other accompaniments.
oh and by the way – Did you miss lass week’s FB LIVE Recipe Tutorial. Make sure you’re a FB Follower (FOLLOW ME HERE) s
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
Would you like to check out some more Indian recipes?