Serkerpare – Turkish Semolina Cookies are soft and tender cookies, perfect for tea time with citrus flavors.
It’s time for the monthly event of the Baking Bloggers again and this month’s theme of Turkish, Greek or Cypriot baking I was more than happy to embrace. I love this region of the Mediterranean which is at the crossroads of Europe & the Middle East, yielding a fusion of flavors in their cuisine.
I’ve explored this part of the world quite a lot already. Do check out some of the other Greek & Turkish recipes I’ve whipped up.
Greek & Turkish Recipes
- Keftedes – Greek Meatballs
- Manestra – Greek Orzo Stew
- Greek Tomato Rice
- Galaktaboureko – Greek Semolina Cake
- Greek Fruit Salad
- Kourambiedes – Greek Almond Cookies
- Koularakia – Greek Butter Cookies
- Sutlu Irmik Tatlisi – Turkish Semolina Pudding
- Bazlama – Turkish Yogurt Bread
- Menemen – Turkish Breakfast Egg Stew
- Balik Koftesi – Turkish Fish Fritters
- Whole Wheat Lahmacun – Turkish Pizza
- Firinda Makarna – Turkish Mac & Cheese
- Turkish Lamb Pide
- Piyaz – White Bean Salad
Wow after that list, I must really like the multi layered cuisine of this part of the world.
As you can see by some of the recipes above, semolina is a popular grain used in the cuisines of this region. Serlerpare – Turkish Semolina Cookies are one of the most popular Turkish treats. They make frequent appearances with a cup of cay (Turkish tea).
You can choose to use hazelnuts instead of almonds for the center nut.
Make it a complete Turkish meal by having these as an after dinner treat after one of the dinner options above.
Check out what the other Baking Bloggers whipped up today!
- Alevropita (Greek Thin-Batter Feta Pie) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Apricot Sekerpare (Turkish Thumbprint Cookies) from Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Baked Kabak Mücver from Sneha’s Recipe
- Cypriot Lamb Tavas from Pandemonium Noshery
- Flaounes (Cypriot Cheese Pastries) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Kalo Prama – Cypriot Semolina Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Kreatopita from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Simit (Turkish Sesame Bagels) from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Tiropita (Greek cheese pastries) from Caroline’s Cooking
Ready to make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @chefmireille #theschizochef with your pics!
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international recipes, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!