Acai Yogurt Bowl is packed with super food power – made with acai, matcha and chia!
I teach culinary classes to kids and one fruit I always encourage them to eat is blackberries. Do you know why? It is a powerhouse of antioxidants. A general rule with fruits and vegetables is the darker the color, the higher it is in antioxidant power. I always bring them some blackberries to snack on before we get started on our cooking.
Acai is one of the great super foods that have taken over the health food market in the last several years. Acai is native to Brazil and a few other South American countries. It is a type of palm tree with a dark purple berry. It is the berry where we get all the nutritional goodness from. Here in the US, we generally get acai in either powder form or frozen fruit pulp.
There are also now many snack bars and candies like chocolate covered acai that you can find in gourmet supermarkets or health food stores. Why not get a double dose of antioxidant power as dark chocolate also has some great antioxidant power!
The frozen fruit pulps is the most natural form of the berry we can get here in the US without having the actual berry. Make your breakfast colorful and inviting with these easy fruit packs!
I jam packed this smoothie bowl with super food power by also incorporating some matcha and chia into this delicious bowl of goodness!
With the holidays just around the corner, eating healthy breakfasts around now is a good idea to prepare for the decadent eating days ahead…though starting he day healthy is good for any type of year. Here are some more healthy breakfast ideas!
Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Blackberry Muesli
- Menemen – Turkish Tomato Egg Stew
- Spinach Pancakes
- Kuku – Parsi Vegetable Omelet
- Methi Pudina Poha – Fenugreek Flattened Rice
- Ham & Asparagus Quinoa
- Spinach Egg White Omelet
- Fjelbrod – Whole Grain Quickbread
- Zucchini Hash Brown Waffles
Isn’t that a wonderful bowl of goodness?
Acai Yogurt Bowl
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 100 gram frozen acai pack
- 1 chopped apple
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistacchios
- In a blender, combine yogurt, banana, macha, chia seed, honey and acai. Blend until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish your acai yogurt with apple, pomegranate, almonds and pistacchios.