Last Updated on by
Apricot Spinach Salad – this salad makes a great summer salad taking advantage of seasonal produce. Add some grilled protein and make it a complete summer meal!
With apricots now becoming a regular fixture at the markets with summer approaching, I got some nice ripe ones a few days ago. After eating a few as is, what does a cook do with a bunch of gorgeous fruit on her table? She tries to come up with delicious recipes, utilizing the rosy beauties.
After trying and loving the traditional Hyderabad treat, Khubani Ka Mitha, I used the rest of the apricots in this salad. I love fruit in salads and this one was no exception.
During the summer, none of us really likes to spend a whole lot of time in a hot kitchen. Salads make the perfect summer meals. All you need to do is add some grilled protein like chicken, shrimp or paneer/halloumi (cooking cheeses) and it turns into a complete meal. Here are some other salads to make your summer meals healthy, hassle free and delicious!
- Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Beet Carrot Salad
- Carrot Mung Bean Salad
- Chickpea Pomegranate Salad
- Fresh Chickpea Salad with Passionfruit Dressing
- Fresh Fig Salad
- Mizuna Apple Almond Salad
- Mizuna Radish Salad
- Roasted Tomato Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
This fabulous dressing really puts the salad over the top!
Apricot Spinach Salad is so simple to put together – making it a quick and simple summer meal!
Delicious and healthy!
Enjoy as a side salad or transform into a complete meal by adding some grilled protein. I added a Costco Salmon Burger and it makes the perfect summer meal!
Apricot Spinach Salad
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad Ingredients:
- 4 apricots sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leave firmly packed
- 3 large radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Mannouri cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds plus extra for garnish
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the preserves, mustard, cumin, salt, lemon juice and harissa. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine apricots, spinach, radish, zest, cheese and pomegranate seeds. Add a little dressing and toss well.
- Serve, garnished with more pomegranate seeds.
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE