Last Updated on by
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
These are super quick and easy to put together. You can even create different varietal flavors by utilizing flavored sugars.
I have had my donut pan for a long time and baking donuts has been on my to do list for a long time. I was so excited when the Baking Bloggers announced the theme of Baked Donuts. I would FINALLY get the chance to christen my donut pan.
I love going to the farmer’s markets and getting Apple Cider Donuts so I decided the baked version of these would be even healthier, yet still delicious.
I am going to be doing a post soon on creating your own flavored sugars, which make great edible gifts for the holiday season. These donuts are the perfect vehicle to utilize these flavored sugars.
All you have to do is dip the Baked Apple Cider Donuts in melted butter and sprinkle with your favorite flavored sugar. This is an easy way to make varietal flavors for your donuts.
Stay tuned for the post and you will find out how to make 8 flavored sugars to flavor up your own baked goods or to give away as holiday gifts!
This is an easy way to add different flavors to one recipe!
Here are some delicious warm drinks you can enjoy with your Apple Cider Donuts
Warm Winter Drinks
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 egg
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray a donut pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together both sugars, apple cider, egg, yogurt and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Using 2 heaping tablespoons for each donut, fill eat donut cavity about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Repeat for the remaining batter. (unless you have 2 donut pans)
- Dip donuts in melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- A ‘Hole’ Lotta Fun with Mini Donuts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Cider Baked Doughnuts by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts by The Schizo Chef
- Baked Chocolate Spice Crumb Cake Donuts by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Baked Cookies and Cream Doughnuts by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Baked Donut Recipe Without A Pan by Recipe Pocket
- Baked Donut Muffins by Sneha’s Recipe
- Baked Glazed Lemon Donuts by Making Miracles
- Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Chips by A Day in the Life on the Farm
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international recipes, culture, history and travel? Start Here to find out how The Schizo Chef can help with your cooking, travel and other needs!