Chicken Florentine Soup
Chicken Florentine Soup is a classic Italian American pasta dish of with chicken and spinach in cream sauce. Now you can have it in soup form – perfect for winter!
Once the temperatures start to cool, everyone’s favorite dinnertime meal becomes soup. When the temperatures go below freezing, we crave something to warm us from the inside out.
With chicken being the most utilized protein in the US, the varieties of chicken soup you can find here are endless – Chicken Noodle, Chicken Rice, Chicken Barley, Chicken Mushroom…..and the list will go on and on…with zillions of varieties.
When I got bored of my stand by ones I usually make, I decided to transform one of my favorite pasta dishes into Chicken Soup. If you like Chicken Florentine, you definitely will love this soup.
Chicken Florentine Soup is perfect to enjoy on cold winter evenings!
Since it’s soup season, before we get to today’s recipe, let’s check out some other soup recipes from around the world to keep you warm this winter! Try some new International Recipes this season!
- Burmese West Coast Mohinga (Fish)
- Khao Soi (Chicken)
- Laotian Chicken Noodle Soup
- Butternut Squash Pesto Soup (V)
- Celeriac Parsnip Soup (V)
- Chicken Wheatberry Soup
- Chickpea Okra Ground Provision Soup (V)
- Classic Tomato Soup (V)
- Classic Lentil Soup (V)
- Gochujang Dak Juk (Chicken)
- Hong Kong Noodle Soup (Shrimp)
- Green Pozole (Chicken & Pork)
- Locro de Papa (V)
- Tomato Chayote Chicken Soup
- Tomato Chickpea Soup (V)
Of course, you can always substitute dried herbs. However, if you can get fresh herbs they add so much more flavor!
This soup is made with basic ingredients you most likely have in the fridge and pantry anyway. No need to go on an ingredients hunt all over your city – so there is no excuse not to make this comfort food Chicken Florentine Soup recipe!
Once you start, you won’t be able to stop!
Chicken Florentine Soup
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken pieces on the bone about 6 drumsticks and thighs
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk rosemary
- 1 sprig oregano
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 oz. baby spinach leaves or chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, rosemary, oregano and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken pieces and strain the broth.
- As soon as the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the chicken from the bone and discard the bones.
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add broth, 1 cup water and chicken.
- Add heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add parsley, salt and crushed red pepper.
ARE YOU EXCITED TO TRY THIS RECIPE? PLEASE HELP ME CONTINUE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH DELICIOUS RECIPES BY SHARING IT AND SHOPPING FOR YOUR FAVORITE AMAZON PRODUCTS WITH THE LINKS BELOW!
PIN IT FOR LATER
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY RECIPE INDEX WITH OVER 1000 INTERNATIONAL RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. *** Other Affiliate links may also be included***Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#106