Double Spinach Ravioli in Buffalo Mozzarella Summer Squash Sauce – This pasta sauce is a great way to hide veggies into your kids’ pasta meals. They won’t be able to guess all the squash you snuck into the sauce!
This Double Spinach Ravioli in Buffalo Mozzarella Summer Squash Sauce was one of the pasta dishes I had prepared in hopes of participating in the bi-annual Blogging Marathon. Since I couldn’t participate, I am still sharing this delectable and addictive pasta dish with you. I made this dish after a weekend where I visited both my local Farmer’s Market and my local food coop. I picked up the squash and fresh ravioli from the farmer’s market and the mozzarella from the Park Slope Food Coop. The fresh ravioli was both made with a spinach dough and had spinach inside, for a double dose of Vitamin A & C. In fact, this recipe provides 11% of your daily Vitamin A, 30% of your daily Vitamin C and 35% of your daily Calcium intake
By pureeing the vegetables into the sauce, it is a great way of sneaking more vegetables into the diet of those little ones who like to avoid anything that looks like vegetables. They will never know all the veggies you sneaked in this dish in both the sauce and the spinach stuffed ravioli’s. This is a creamy tasting dish that I don’t think anyone can refused (unless you’re lactose intolerant).
Especially in the summer, one pot pasta dishes are the best! Here are some others you might like to try out!
One Pot Pasta Recipes
HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE SPINACH RAVIOLI IN BUFFALO MOZZARELLA SUMMER SQUASH SAUCE
This luscious sauce with all the veggies included is hard to resist.!
Double Spinach Ravioli in Buffalo Mozzarella Summer Squash Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 roly poly squash
- 1 cup buffalo mozzarella
- 12 oz. fresh spinach ravioli
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut squash into eighths. Combine with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and garlic. Place in a casserole dish and roast in the oven until squash chars, about 40 minutes. Cool completely.
- Add squash with the garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until completely smooth. Add mozzarella and process until completely smooth.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add ravioli and cook until they rise to the top, 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- In a pot, heat remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add squash-mozzarella sauce, marinara, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add ravioli and toss to combine.
Can the Schizo Chef help you with your cooking, travel and other needs? Start Here to find out!
Do you like this recipe? PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE for more culinary inspiration!