I’ve had this recipe for Dulce Poblano de Camote – Mexican Sweet Potato Pudding for many years from a friend when I was doing a Mexican themed dinner and he called his mom in Mexico and got a bunch of authentic Mexican recipes for me. Some of the recipes were also sourced from other places and can’t really remember which source this came from..all I know is that it is utterly delicious and as far as desserts go, relatively guilt free.
It is simple, quick and easy. With the use of sweet potatoes, it is a great gluten free to dessert to serve for your Christmas or Holiday meal!
Today is my birthday and this is one treat I can indulge in!!!
This is a delicious sweet potato pudding that serves as a vitamin rich dessert.
Dulce Poblano de Camote – Mexican Sweet Potato Pudding
- 12 oz. sweet potato peeled
- 1/3 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mash with the butter, cinnamon, cream, the 1/3 cup of sugar and half of the orange peel.
- Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray. Transfer sweet potato mix to casserole dish.
Sprinkle the remaining sugar, raisins and orange zest on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
…sweet and scrumptious…
…linking to Food Of the World