Mexican Mango Pudding – Easiest Mango Dessert EVER – with just 2 ingredients. This is the perfect summertime chilled dessert and it takes just 5 minutes to put it together!
If you’re not a baker and always struggling to figure out what to make for a dessert, here is the simplest dessert ever that no one could screw up! I saw this recipe once a few years ago and is the easiest recipe to remember, I did not even have to save it.
Mango Season is upon us so mangoes are everywhere. Now this is a Mexican recipe so it would normally be made with Mexican mangoes, however, you can easily adapt the recipe to different types of mangoes. In fact, I’ve made it twice – once with Mexican Mangoes and another time with Haitian mangoes. However, realize that not al mangoes are the same.
Some mangoes like Mexican Mangoes are very fleshy, while Haitian mangoes are more juicy. My family in Suriname has a mango plantation with over 30 different varieties. It’s amazing to see the differences in both size and texture. Depending on the size and texture of the mango, you will need to adjust the quantity of mangoes you are using in the recipe. When I made it with Mexican mangoes, I needed only 3 mangoes, however when made with Haitian mangoes, I needed to use 4.
If you go into Caribbean neighborhoods, you will find a great variety of mangoes including Mexican and Haitian as well as a great many mangoes ranging in size from those about the size of an apricot to large Mexican ones.
If you go ga-ga for mangoes as much as I do, check out some of my other recipes.
- Butterfly Pea Flower Sticky Rice & Mango
- Mango Papaya Jam
- Pistacchio Crusted Mango Rose Cake
- Mango Ketchup
- Smoked Paprika Mango Jicama Salad
- Mango Pomegranate Chicken Salad
- Mango Strawberry Lavender Jam
- Goi Berry Smoothie
- Mango Lassi
This chilled dessert is perfect for summer – Serve it as an alternative to ice cream!
…and if you’d like it to firm up even faster, you can also try making it with frozen mango instead!
quick and easy – this should definitely be part of your recipe arsenal!
This Mexican Mango Pudding – Easiest Mango Dessert EVER is also #kidfriendly
Mexican Mango Pudding – Easiest Mango Dessert EVER
- 3 Mexican mangoes or 4 Haitian mangoes
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Peel the mangoes and slice the sides and chop coarsely and then remove as much of the flesh as possible from the pit. Place all the mango pieces in a food processor and puree in the food processor.
- Add the can of condensed milk and process for another 1-2 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a large dish, if it is to be served family style or pour into individual ramekins.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but best if overnight.
- Serve, garnished with fresh mango, if desired.
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE
This recipe I am contributing to Pumpkin Farm’s Mango Mania event.