Fiorentini – Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies are a delicious treat compliments of Florence. This delicious cookie will keep the chocolate lovers at bay.
Have you ever heard of a gluten free and virtually fat free cookie? Well here it is complements of Florence. This traditional Italian cookie is a guilt free cookie full of chocolatey goodness you can indulge in without worrying about your waistline!
It’s perfect to serve during the Passover holidays, since it has no gluten. With just four ingredients, it is super fast and easy to make!
These cookies have a fudgy brownie like interior that make them taste so decadent and rich, even though they are low in fat using only egg whites.
Here are some other cookie recipes you might like to try to fill out your holiday table.
Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Chinese Walnut Cookies
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Almond Shortbread
- Coconut Shortbread
- Orange Nutmeg Cookies
- Lavender Rose Brown Sugar Cookies
- Uppakra – Swedish Potato Cookies
- Fiorentini – Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
- Sandbakkels – Norwegian Cookie Cups
- Ghoriba – Moroccan Almond Cookies
- Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- Pumpkin Hamentaschen
- Almond Spritz
These intense cookies are definitely for the chocolate lover in your house!
IN THE MAKING – HOW TO MAKE FIORENTINI
Fiorentini – Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour/almond meal
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup very cold egg whites approximately 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Grease them very well. (Since there is no butter or oil in these cookies, they will stick without greasing the sheets well)
- Combine almond meal, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula fold into the dry mixture until just combined.
- Drop two tablespoons for each cookie on the cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!
Logo courtesy : Preeti
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32
…linking to Kid’s Delight hosted by Nisha