Last Updated on by
Gifts for People who Love to Travel
A complete gift guide that includes flight aids, books, safety aids and electronics for all the people in your life who are travel addicts. Why not a gift for yourself while you’re at it!
It’s that time of year again! The time when you rack your brain trying to think what to get everyone for their holiday gifts. Have you made your gift list yet? Well this Gifts for People who Love to Travel list is going to help you out!
In most countries, Christmas has become more a cultural holiday than a religious one. No matter what faith you are, Christmas is celebrated with gift giving. Maybe it’s a Secret Santa at your office or if you come from a large family, you might also employ the Secret Santa concept. Hopefully, no one is expecting you to buy a gift for your 20+ cousins.
I know many Jewish people as well as people of other faiths, who also have a small Christmas tree in their homes.
Some people just buy gifts to say they fulfilled their obligation, without any thought behind the gifts.
I know none of my readers do that!
It is always lovely to receive a gift that is in line with your interests and your personality. Both the recipient enjoys it as well as the person giving the gift. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing all smiles when someone opens a gift I gave them. It’s even better when a few weeks or months later they told me they utilized it and how handy it came in or how much they are enjoying it.
Do you have some people on your guest list who are travel addicts? Or how about yourself? There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying a holiday gift for yourself. At least you know what to get yourself right! What better gift than to feed the travel addict inside of you.
Here is a list of gifts for the travel addict in your life – whether it is for yourself or for someone on your gift list.
Let’s start with some books to inspire wanderlust.
Books for Travelers
- Around India in 80 Trains
- Around the World in 80 Trains
- Road Food
- The Bucket List
Of these books, the only one I have personally read is Around India in 80 Trains. I LOVED this book. Not only is it a travel memoir, but it also gives you great details about train travel in India.
Around the World in 80 Trains is written by the same author and I am sure would be just as engaging!
Road Food explores the best local food throughout the United States. As a food blogger also, you know I had to include something that combines both my passions of food and travel.
The Bucket List is full of exciting adventures to feed your wanderlust spirit!
Airplane Gifts for Travelers
Now you have something to read on that long flight. Here are some great gift ideas to make those long flights a little more bearable.
- Ear Plugs – helpful for air pressure and crying babies
- Sleep Mask
- Neck Pillow
- Water Bottle – much better than having the flight attendant give you a small cup of water every time you get thirsty
- Made Good – snacks as many airlines are not as generous with their food. This is an allergen friendly brand that is nut free. One of the few healthy snacks on the market without nuts.
- Air Compression Socks
Bags for Travelers
The more you travel, you will discover it is good to have a variety of bags in a variety of sizes for different kinds of travel from day trips to extended vacations.
Some countries now make you pay for plastic bags when shopping, like Iceland. Make sure to bring some reusable tote bags with you.
Electronics for Travelers
In the modern world, traveling requires a variety of electronics from phone chargers to camera equipment. Here are some useful electronics that are great for travelers.
- Universal Camera Battery Charger – Nothing is worse than your battery dying when taking gorgeous travel photos. An extra battery charger will always be useful!
- Phone Bank Charger
- Ear Phones – Most airlines now charge for airphones and they are usually of extremely poor quality. You definitely want to have your own!
- International Wi Fi – Very handy to keep you connected no matter where in the world you are!
Safety Aids for Travelers
The last thing you want to ruin your fabulous trip is to get your stuff stolen. Here are a few gifts that are great to avoid theft.
- Secret Pocket Scarf
- Passport/Document Organizer – Keeping your document organized will prevent you losing them!
- Neck Pouch – Hidden underneath your shirt, your money and valuables can be kept out of thieves’ reach
- Waist Pouch
Outdoor Gear for Travelers
Both extreme heat and sun as well as extreme cold and rain can definitely put a damper on your travels if you are not equipped properly.
Here is some great equipment so that weather will never be a hindrance to enjoying your trip!
- Waterproof Hiking Boots – These boots kept my feet warm and dry when I was in Iceland
- Quick Dry Towel – Useful for the beach and visiting countries with hot springs
- Water Shoes
- Lip Balm – Important to avoid cracked lips in extreme cold
- Waterproof Gloves – If your hands, feet and head are warm, you will avoid illness in cold weather temperatures.
- Waterproof Phone Case
This comprehensive Gifts for People who Love to Travel list has something for everyone , whether you are a travel addict or a travel newbie!
ARE YOU READY TO TRAVEL? PLEASE HELP ME CONTINUE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATIVE TRAVEL CONTENT BY SHARING THIS POST AND SHOPPING FOR YOUR FAVORITE AMAZON PRODUCTS!
PIN IT FOR LATER
DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. *** Other Affiliate links may also be included***