Grilled Halloumi Pear Salad – Quick and easy summer salad to put together but with a gourmet look and taste!
Halloumi is a cooking cheese from Cypress and is utilized throughout the Middle East. It’s a great way to add extra protein to any Vegetarian meal. This salad you can use either as an appetizer or serve a bigger portion to serve as a meal. If you’re a tofu hater like me, halloumi is a great cheese that you can use as an alternative in those tofu recipes.
This salad is so quick and easy to put together, but has a gourmet look and taste. It’s perfect to serve at summer parties.
Looking to make this salad part of a complete Middle Eastern Meal. Here’s a delicious menu for you.
Middle Eastern Menu
- Grilled Halloumi Pear Salad
- Persian Roast Chicken
- Saffron Couscous and Raz al Hanout Saute
- Sfoof – Lebanese Semolina Turmeric Cake
Apple can also be used if you prefer to the pear. Melon would also work great!
Grilled Halloumi Pear Salad
- 8 slices halloumi
- 1 pear
- pepitas/pumpkin seeds garnish
- sliced almonds garnish
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Spray a grill pan with non stick spray. Place the slices of halloumi and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the fig jam, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add mint and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Core pear and slice. Cut slices in half.
- Toss pear in dressing until well coated.
- On a plate, layer halloumi slices.
- Add tossed pear on top.
- Garnish with the pepitas and almonds.