Indian Gluten Free Okra Fritters are the perfect party snack that everyone will love. This no slime okra option will become a fave even for the usual okra haters.
If you are an Indian food fan, you’ve probably had pakora at some time. Whether you have made them yourself or ordered them from your favorite Indian restaurant, pakora are one of the most popular Indian savory snacks.
They can be made from just about anything. Although vegetable pakoras are the most popular, you may also want to check out Fish Pakora, Chicken Pakora and Pondicherry Shrimp Pakora – Erral Masala Vadai. Onion Pakoras are probably the most popular and these Bhindi Pakora are my own creation and probably one of the more unique varieties. This is one version you most likely with never see on an Indian restaurant menu.
However, if you are an okra lover, I am sure you are going to just love these!
A few weeks ago I whipped up a big batch of pakoras including Aloo Bonda (Potato Pakora) and Balekai Podi (Plantain Pakora). Now that people are quarantined at home and always about grazing for food, whip up a big batch of pakora and it is a great snack to have around.
How do you reheat pakora?
The best way to reheat pakora is in an oven or toaster oven for about 15 minutes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, reheat them in the microwave. The batter will turn wimpy. You need the dry heat of the oven for them to maintain their crispy exterior.
Slime Free Okra
Many people complain about okra. Some don’t like the slime of okra. However, I think that is one of the best characteristics of okra. It helps thicken things like NOLA Gumbo – the classic New Orleans stew.
Over the years, I have learned a few slime free okra recipes to convert some of my okra slime hating friends and family. This is one of them.
Since the okra is cooked whole, no slime escapes. Bhindi Pakora – Indian Gluten Free Okra Fritters is the perfect recipes to make for your okra slime hating friends and family.
All recipes can and should be made to personal tastes. There are often many different ways to make the same recipe.
I don’t like thick batters, so I make pakoras with a very thin batter. However, if you prefer more traditional pakoras with thicker batters, simply use a little less water in the chickpea batter to get a thicker batter.
Now that you got everyone to give okra a chance since they love these Indian Bhindi Pakora, here are some more okra recipes to give a try!
- Shrimp & Okra Gumbo
- Fried Okra in Tomato Bread Sauce
- Fried Okra Salad
- Kerala Okra Curry
- Jharkhand Okra Masala
- Omani Bamia Stew
- Cou Cou – Caribbean Polenta
- Chickpea Okra Ground Provision Soup
- Plantain Peanut Soup
- Okra Shorba
All you need is some chutney and Bhindi Pakora – Indian Gluten Free Okra Fritters are perfect for munching!
Bhindi Pakora – Indian Gluten Free Okra Fritters
- 1 cup chickpea flour besan
- 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons dhana-jeera powder or 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 8 oz. okra
- oil for frying
- Combine flour with the ginger garlic paste and dhana jeera powder.
- Add chili pepper and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add water, a little at a time to form a batter. Use less water to form a thicker batter, as desired.
- Make sure you use okra that is firm, whole and intact without any cuts. Put okra into the batter and toss until all the okra is well coated with the batter.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Take okra pieces out of the batter, one at a time and place in the hot oil.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently, until the pakoras are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite chutney.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
I would love to see your version of Bhindi Pakora – Indian Gluten Free Okra Fritters. Tag me with your pics!
ARE YOU EXCITED TO TRY THIS RECIPE? PLEASE HELP ME CONTINUE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH DELICIOUS RECIPES BY SHARING IT AND SHOPPING FOR YOUR FAVORITE AMAZON PRODUCTS WITH THE LINKS BELOW!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Did you forget to subscribe?
DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY RECIPE INDEX WITH OVER 1000 INTERNATIONAL RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. *** Other Affiliate links may also be included***