Parmesan Carrot Snack – Healthy Snacks is a great alternative to potato chips. Serve them as party finger food or an after school snack.
Eating seasonally is the best way to get the best produce with optimal flavor. If you haven’t noticed, this week I am have been presenting recipes with foods that are all in season here where I live in NYC, a northern Mid Atlantic state. I presented recipes utilizing pumpkin, cabbage and today it’s carrots.
This healthy baked snack is so addictive and before you know it’ll all be gone and people will be begging you to make more. Serve it at your Thanksgiving holiday party for people to snack on while they’re waiting for the main meal. Just make sure to make a huge batch – otherwise these will be gone in the blink of an eye.
I used herbs de provence but you can customize the herbs as you prefer – maybe use Za’atar or go for more smoky flavors by using Baharat or Raz el Hanout. Alternatively, if you prefer simplicity, just use dried parsley or thyme.
Looking for some other party snacks? Try some of these!
- Spiced Popcorn
- Cauliflower Tots
- Party Frittatas
- Panelle – Sicilian Chickpea Fritters – #glutenfree
- Hush Puppies
- Plantain Pakoda
- Fafda – Indian Chickpea Snacks – #glutenfree
Vegetarian & Gluten Free – this snack will keep everyone happy!
You won’t be able to stop munching on these!
Parmesan Carrot Snack – Healthy Snacks
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the carrots to yield 3 cups.
- Lay on a baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels to absorb any residual moisture.
- Toss with the oil, herbs de provence, salt an cheese.
- Lay on a single layer on a cookie sheet/baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the carrots.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Spread on a cooling rack. Let them cool and dry for about 15 minutes.