This Spice & Herb French Braid infused with a myriad of spices and herbs is a flavorful addition to your breakfast or perfect to enjoy with a hearty bowl of soup or a green salad!
It’s that time again….Bread Bakers. As soon as the theme of Braided Breads was announced, I decided immediately to do a basic French bread flavored up with spices and herbs. I was just going to do a basic 3 strand braid, which I’ve done before in breads like:
Other Braided Breads
…but that all changed after watching a You Tube video demonstrating how to braid breads up to 9 strands. It’s actually a lot easier than you think. I am not the most artistic of bakers. If I was able to manage it, you certainly can!!!
IN THE MAKING
With this bread’s mosaic of spices and herbs, there is no flavor that dominates. In stead, subtle notes of the different spices and herbs create an incredibly flavorful bread that needs nothing more than some salted butter. Jam or cheese would overpower the gentle notes in the bread.
Perfect to serve with a cup of tea!
This month’s Bread Baker’s theme is Braided Breads and is hosted by Gayathri Kumar of Gayathri’s Cook Spot
Here is the collection of all the beautiful braided breads from our team.
- Almond Braided Brioche by Palatable Pastime
- Artisan Herb Bread Braid by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Basic Challah Bread by Cook’s Hideout
- Braided Bread with Candied Papaya Chunks by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Braided Garlic Bread by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Braided Herbed Breadsticks by Ambrosia
- Braided Rum & Raisin Buns by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Challah Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cherry Cheese Braid by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Cheese Braided Bread by Sneha’s Recipe
- Nutella Braided Bread by Veena’s Vegnation
- Olive Oil Challah by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Orange Saffron Braided Brioche by Food Lust People Love
- Scali Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spice and Herb French Braid by The Schizo Chef
- Sweet Braid Stuffed with Cream Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Two-Seed Potato Challah by What Smells So Good?
- Whole Wheat Challah Bread by Spill the Spices
- Whole Wheat Pizza Braid by Herbivore Cucina
- Whole Wheat Zopf Bread by I camp in my Kitchen
- Winston Knot Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Zucchini Yeast Bread by Baking Sense
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].