Methi Pudina Poha – Flattened Rice with Fenugreek & Mint
Easy breakfast comes together in less than 15 minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 green chiles thinly sliced
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon jeera-dhania powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup poha
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots defrosted
- ¼ cup finely chopped fenugreek/ methi
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt to taste
Soak poha in water to cover for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Drain.
Heat oil. Add cumin seed, curry leaves and chiles.
Once the cumin starts to change color, add onion and saute until softened.
Add cumin-corainder powder, turmeric and poha.
Stir fry until poha is well coated with the spices.
Add carrots and peas, fenugreek and mint. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add lemon juice and salt. Stir to combine.