Coriander Matar Poha – Flattened Rice with Cilantro & Green Peas
Coriander Matar Poha - Flattened Rice with Cilantro & Green Peas is a quick and easy breakfast that comes together within 15 minutes! Vegan & Gluten Free!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 cup flattened rice poha
- 1 tablespoon frozen grated coconut or freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon grated jaggery
- 1/8 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal split black gram
- curry leaves from 1 sprig
- a pinch of asafetida
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- salt to taste
In a bowl, combine poha with warm water to cover.
Leave for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Transfer to a sieve/colander and leave to dry while you get all of your other ingredients together.
In a coffee/spice grinder, combine coconut, jaggery, cilantro and lemon juice. Grind to a paste.
In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
Add mustard seed. As soon as they stop popping, add cumin seed, urad dal, curry leaves and asoefetida.
After 10 seconds, add turmeric, red chile powder and green peas.
Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until peas are heated through.
Add poha and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add cilantro paste and stir fry for another 2 minutes until well combined.
Add salt and stir to combine.
Serve with dates.
Calories: 450.31kcal | Carbohydrates: 82.31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9.12g | Saturated Fat: 1.76g | Sodium: 309.83mg | Fiber: 1.73g | Sugar: 1.51g