Lamb Kofta Bowl
Lamb Kofta Bowl is perfect for dinner. Gluten Free Lamb Meatballs with steamed couscous and an herbaceous salad is perfect for any season!
Prep Time45 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup mixed chopped herbs parsley, cilantro, mint
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red chile powder cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 8 persian cucumbers
- 4 chopped plum tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup mixed chopped herbs parsley, cilantro and mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups water or chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
In a large bowl, combine lamb with the onion, garlic, herbs and spices.
Add yogurt and mix well until thoroughly combined.
With wet hands, form into balls about 1 ½” in diameter.
Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray with non stick spray.
Place meatballs on cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Flip your kofta over and bake for another 15 minutes.
Serve with couscous and salad.
In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, salt, pepper and herbs.
Mix to combine.
Add olive oil and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
Leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
Turn off heat, cover and wait for 5-10 minutes, until couscous has absorbed the liquid.
Fluff with a fork.